The Cruelty Stoppers fund administered by Northeast Kansas Animal Welfare Foundation allows us to provide cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of criminals who abuse animals. We want to ensure that justice is always served on behalf of the abused, abandoned, and mistreated animals.
We know that intentional cruelty towards animals often leads to violent crimes against people. Most abuse cases go unreported. NKAWF will partner with law enforcement agencies and other nonprofit organizations to raise awareness for the prevention of cruelty to animals as well as to help solve these heartbreaking cases.
Animal Cruelty Facts
• Organized animal cruelty such as dogfighting is often linked to other crimes such as narcotics trafficking.
• According to the Humane Society of the United States, in one survey of domestic violence survivors, 71% said that their abuser also harmed pets.
• Research shows that pet abuse occurs in nearly 90% of homes in which the family is under investigation for suspected child abuse.
• 49 states have laws to provide felony penalties for animal torture on the first offense.
• Neglect and abandonment are the most common forms of abuse towards pets.
Cruelty Stoppers was created by NKAWF and is a registered service mark with the State of Kansas.